Saturday, September 12, 2009

Here is more on our discussion..

Burning Furnace Diet

Q: Rob, a lot of people on the cover of fitness products that
have great physiques are just born with great genetics. From
what you mentioned, this is obviously not an advantage you
had. Can you tell us how exactly you were able to overcome your
fat loss and fitness challenges?

RP: I simply wanted it badly . I hated being overweight and just
felt crummy all the time. I had low energy. I was embarrassed
to take my shirt off in the summer, you know, all the
stereotypical stuff, except it was very personal for me.

I also didn’t carry much muscle on my body genetically. I’m
rather tall (6’6") so looking muscular is even tougher for me
than someone of average height. I was over fat, yet under
muscled. Talk about the worst of both worlds. But I’m not the
kind of person that just gives up. I must have tried a hundred
different programs or diets during those 10 or so years.

The steps I took were basically trial and error,and a lot of
wasted money. But you know, it really wasn’t wasted because if
I was able to gain just one new insight or technique to add to
my method, it was worth it. Especially with results I’m able to
obtain for my readers and students now.

At some point I basically realized that exercise and nutrition
for building muscle and getting lean is a science, just like any
other science. There are things that must be included in your
regimen or else you cannot expect results. Period. The beauty
of it is, that for other people, I can show them how to get it
done like my wife and I did in just a few months and without
having super human motivation or spending even 1 year of more
trial and error.

Burning Furnace Diet

Q: That’s awesome..now Rob, you specialize in teaching people
how to burn fat from their bodies. Can you give us some
nutritional tips for burning the most amount of fat in minimum
time?

RP: Oh yeah. There’s a lot of stuff,but perhaps the most
important tip I can give anyone trying to get and stay lean is
to look at food from a micronutrient standpoint. Most people
look at food from a macronutrient view (protein, carbs, fats).

This is fine, but the big light bulb went off for me when I
started to focus on eating most of my calories from foods that
are super loaded with nutrients. These are vegetables, fruits,
whole unrefined grains, beans, legumes, nuts, and seeds. I’m
not talking about a vegetarian or vegan diet here, but a diet
that supplies the body with the nutrients it requires to burn
fat optimally. When you give your body the required nutrients
without overloading it with nutrient poor or nutrient barren
foods, fast fat loss happens almost magically.

Q: Now I also know you're not a fan of cardio. I usually teach
cardio as a great way to burn fat. Why do your methods not
include cardio?

RP: Let me be extra clear on this one, because my stance here
confuses a lot of people. First off, I think it is a waste of
time trying to "run off" your calories to burn fat. This
attitude will just wear you out over the long haul, and simply
doesn’t work as well as controlling your calories through diet
techniques. Also, studies have shown that regular moderately
paced cardio, where you run or bike at a steady pace for 30+
minutes several times a week actually causes you to store more
fat! Here’s why this is the case.

When you’re doing this
exercise, your body is using stored fat for fuel. This may
sound good, but what this is actually doing is telling your body
that when it encounters this activity again it needs a reserve
amount of fat available to fuel the exercise session. I know it
sounds crazy, but it’s true. On top of that, most avid runners
can tell you about the injuries and nagging pains they have from
the constant repetitive pound their joints and tendons take over
the years...not something I would wish on my worst enemy!

Now, what does work for burning fat quickly is what’s known as
interval cardio. And I know you know all about this , with your
stair routines. This is where you perform a relatively short
cardio workout (usually 15-25 minutes or so) and you alternate
periods of high to low intensity during the session.

So you might spend 1 minute jogging at a light pace, and then
immediately switch to a near sprint for 1 minute straight, and
then repeat the process several times. This type of exercise
uses stored carbohydrates for fuel, not fat, so it sends a
signal to your body to replenish your depleted muscles rather
than storing a reserve amount of fat. Very different from the
standard type of cardio that I loathe!

But believe it or not, I don’t even do this type of interval
cardio in my own method. Why is that? Well, it’s because I
realized a while back that the #1 activity you can do to burn
fat is weight training or some form of resistance training.

This has to do with the fact that adding lean muscle to your
body creates a powerful fat burning furnace that will
automatically burn more calories at rest...significantly more.
What we’ve done with the type of weight training we do in Fat
Burning Furnace, though, is combine interval cardio with weight
training to create one short and simple fat burning, muscle, and
strength building work out. Many people have called it the most
efficient fat loss and fitness work out ever created.

Burning Furnace Diet

No comments:

Post a Comment