Monday, September 28, 2009

You are an Idiot!!!!!

Well, it's happened again. I've been taken to task by one
of my readers...called out, as it were, for recommending
that you shouldn't focus solely on animal products as your
main source of protein-

-not only that, but he actually called me an 'idiot' on
several popular health and fitness forums...

...check it out...

------------------------------------------------------------
...Rob, that is BS. Animal proteins are known to have the
MOST satiating effect on a person, and you're gonna say
other wise? Are you actually gonna tell people to consume
most of their protein from incomplete plant sources with LOW
bioavailability? Wow. I loved what you have always written
about, until now.

And only 0.5g of protein per pound of body weight? Maybe
that's a good amount just for survival, but if you're trying
to gain muscle, then you'll need at least 1g per pound of
body weight.

Burning Furnace Diet



Sorry, it's a time-tested truth among bodybuilders, and I
can't believe it you are not only telling them they only
need 0.5g but you're telling them to go incomplete plant
protein style on top of that! You should read a little about
bodybuilding nutrition, before you go and give advice.
------------------------------------------------------------

Yikes! Here's a guy with a STRONG opinion, eh? Well, let's
see if we can calm him down and help him burn off that thick
layer of bodyfat that he might still be trying to lose...

...First off, I am well aware of bodybuilding nutrition.
Successful bodybuilders are more often the result of
possessing out of this world genetics for building muscle
(long muscle bellies, etc.) and/or the use of various
performance enhancing drugs-

-If you don't understand this, you haven't been around
bodybuilders enough.

I had followed a so called "bodybuilder's diet" (for about
10 years) with loads of animal protein and most of what I
got was a bigger and fatter body. No one could even tell I
worked out at all...

...I was just another 'fat guy'!

But the point of my message here is not how to become a
successful bodybuilder...as most people are simply not
interested slipping into a speedo, spraying their body with
bronzers, and parading around on stage hoping their pecs
look more shapely to a group of judges.

In addition, nowhere do I recommend to not eat any animal
protein...that is just unrealistic. Hey, I like eating a
great tasting chicken breast or grass fed buffalo burger
just like the next guy...but-

-I AM making the r.ecommendation that you need to understand
that too much animal protein, from a nutrient standpoint,
often causes you to take in more calories overall as you
body will continue to seek out required nutrients that can't
be found in a slice of turkey.

This is an empowering principle that has helped many of my
readers to lose more fat faster.

Most people do not understand the real importance of plant
based foods in fueling the body (and all the nutrients that
come along with that).

Most people are hung up on animal proteins as the focal
point of every meal they eat. In order to get people to
understand that there is more to eating healthy than eating
chicken breasts, it is often required to over-emphasize the
importance of plant proteins...

..It was discovered almost 20 years ago that amino acids
obtained from food combine with amino acids n.aturally made
in the body.

Adequate amounts of amino acids will be obtained if eating
low amounts of animal products c.ombined with plant proteins
from unrefined grains, legumes, seeds, nuts and vegetables
eaten on a daily basis.

Regarding building muscle...do I look like I had trouble
building muscle on a diet lower in animal proteins while
working out just twice a week for about 15 minutes per
workout?

Take a look at my before ph.oto on my website and you'll see
the result of my heavy reliance on large amounts of animal
proteins and 5-6 days a week of misguided workouts in the
gym.(If you haven't seen my before and after pics on my
website, go ahead and check it out).

I don't get any of those "fat guy" comments anymore...

Yeah, the total absence of animal proteins may inhibit
muscle growth slightly, but as I said, I am not recommending
no animal protein. I am leaner and stronger than I've ever
been in my life, versus the 10 or so years when I used to
eat a "bodybuilder's diet" as 252 pounds of walking blubber.

Burning Furnace Diet

No comments:

Post a Comment