Monday, September 14, 2009

INTERVIEW WITH ROB POULOS

Burning Furnace Diet

Q: So obviously you are a big fan of weight training when it
comes to burning fat. Should people train the same as when
they're trying to gain muscle?

RP: Yeah , in my experience, they should. But the weight
training we use is not like you see most guys performing in the
gym these days. We don’t use split routines, we don’t throw the
weights around, and we don’t have ladies lifting soup cans or
using rubber bands. From my experience all of these things will
get you worse results or injured. The main goal of my Fat
Burning Furnace exercise program is to burn fat, of course, but
the underlying goal that leads to this is building lean muscle
mass.

And this scares some ladies and even some of the men who read my
book..they don’t want to get too bulky. But, as I said, this is
a near impossibility for 99% of women and even some men due to
the genetic requirements (muscle belly length, testosterone
levels, etc.) of having overly large muscles. Now, sure, you
could gain weight and look bulky by eating a ton of calories
while you’re building muscle, but you’d just be fat and
puffy like I was several years ago.

The only thing more lean muscle is going to do to a ladies body
is make it more feminine, shapely, and se.xy.

Burning Furnace Diet

Q: That’s right,and it’s something we still need to get the word
out on to women everywhere for sure. Rob, what are some common
mistakes you see people making when trying to lose lots of fat
and get ripped?

RP: Oh man, there are so many . I mean, there are basic large
scale diet mistakes, like restricting yourself of carbohydrates
too much (which won’t work in the long run), eating too few
calories or starving yourself, eating a low fat diet and
eliminating healthy fats, and not eating enough of your calories
from nutrient rich foods.

Then there are big exercise mistakes, like spending 4-6 days a
week in the gym with hours of boring fat storing cardio and then
hours more of low to moderate intensity weight training on top
of it. People are using terrible form with their exercise,
which takes most of the stress off the muscles being worked and
cuts their effectiveness by at least two-thirds. Ladies are
afraid to work out hard in fear of getting to bulky.

I mean I could go on,but I actually have a video I put together
for my newsletters subscribers that tells you my top 7 mistakes
people make.Your readers can watch it after they subscribe at my
website if they wish.

Burning Furnace Diet

No comments:

Post a Comment